07 Nov 2017 3:53 PM AEST – $2.8 Million Investment Towards Aged Care Evolution
The Hon Ken Wyatt AM, MP
Minister for Aged Care
Minister for Indigenous Health
Member for Hasluck
7 November 2017
$2.8 Million Investment Towards Aged Care Evolution
The Turnbull Government will invest $2.8 million in detailed business case planning for a major project to further develop and improve My Aged Care, Australia’s aged care gateway.
Continuing modifications of MyAged Care aim to make it even more responsive and benefit the more than 1.2 million older people, their families and representatives who use it each year.
The Turnbull Government is committed to providing older people with streamlined access to quality aged care services.
My Aged Care is also used by more than 2,000 aged care assessors, 3,500 service providers and thousands of healthcare professionals.
The Government recognises that further MyAgedCare improvements are required to keep pace with the increasing demands of our growing ageing population.
- The business case will take into account input from consumers, service providers, assessors and health professionals, with the aim of making the website and information service more functional, though:
- Faster and better-integrated connections to providers, for people assessed as in need of care
- more efficient processes for health professionals and service providers, aimed at helping to reduce cost pressures
- improved consumer choice, through more online self-service options
- maintaining a stable ICT platform so My Aged Care can continue to service increased demand
This investment builds on the Government’s recent $20 million MyAgedCare investment, to help speed up aged care assessments and respond to consumer and sector feedback.
For more information about My Aged Care visit www.myagedcare.gov.au
Media contact: Nick Way, Media Adviser 0419 835 449